Oncology • Primary Care Providers • Psychiatrist • Cardiologist • Pain management Physicians
Targeted Treatments, Accurate Outcomes.
Based on DNA Evidence
EMR INTEGRATIONS • ACCEPTS MOST INSURANCE
ACCURATE RESULTS • QUICK TURN AROUND TIME
WHAT EXACTLY IS PGX
Pharmacogenetics is the study of inherited genetic differences in drug metabolic pathways which can affect individual responses to drugs, both in terms of therapeutic effect as well as adverse effects.
The term pharmacogenetics is often used interchangeably with the term pharmacogenomics which also investigates the role of acquired and inherited genetic differences in relation to drug response and drug behavior through a systematic examination of genes, gene products, and inter-and intra-individual variation In gene expression and function.
ADVANTAGES OF PHARMACOGENOMIC TESTING
- Improve patient care
- Customizable treatment plans for patients
- Identify potential side effects of medications for patients
- Minimize trial and error process for medication prescribing
- Help predict how a patient will respond to a specific drug
- Determine a patient's unique drug metabolizing capacity
- Prescribe a drug regimen with a greater probability of a positive outcome
- Suggest safer closes and/or alternatives
- Save patient time and money
- Reduce treatment failures
- Prescribe with more confidence
- Save healthcare dollars
- Future care planning
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE TEST RESULTS?
- Extensive (normal) Metabolizer
- Intermediate Metabolizer
- Poor Metabolizer
- Ultra-rapid Metabolizer
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
- Not every medication works for every patient
- Not every patient responds the same way to every medication
- Dosages can vary patient to patient
AT RISK PATIENTS
- Heart Disease
- Several Prescriptions
- Pain Management
- Psychiatric disorders